Members > ADEXA – The trade union for pharmacy staff in Germany
ADEXA is the trade union for all pharmaceutical employees (pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, etc.), and also for trainees and students. We negotiate the salaries and working conditions in German public pharmacies with the employers‘ federations.
High-quality services to meet your needs
Do you want to succeed in facing the challenges you confront at work? Then there is a strong community to promote and advance your professional and economic interests: ADEXA – the trade union for all employees in German public pharmacies.
ADEXA offers you all the services that could be relevant to you and your colleagues:
- Reliable wage settlements: Only as a member of ADEXA are you entitled to all agreed-upon conditions of pay and contract terms such as overtime pay, bonuses and extra holiday entitlement.
- Legal advice and protection: Members of ADEXA are entitled to get free information and legal advice in all questions concerning employment law. If necessary, we will also represent you in court – after one year of membership and with only a small amount of extra payment.
- Active professional lobbying and media representation: By providing professional public relations services, we take an active role in promoting the interests of all employees in public pharmacies. ADEXA is much in demand as a partner for policy makers and other members of health care organisations.
- Extensive information: ADEXA offers information on all topics that are relevant for pharmaceutical employees: in the professional media, on our website and in our own publication „Spektrum“.
- Enjoyable company and networking: A team of committed colleagues is waiting for you! Get active with ADEXA!
ADEXA’s head office with the administrative and legal staff is located in Hamburg. The organisation was founded in 1954. ADEXA is not affiliated to the German Confederation of Trade Unions (DGB, Deutscher Gewerkschaftsbund) or any of its unions.
Within ADEXA, each profession in the public pharmacy is represented by its own group. There are also 4 regional ADEXA boards.
Most of the pharmaceutical employees in Germany are women. This is reflected in a high percentage of female members within ADEXA.